Sunday 2 February 2014

Benefit Lollitint Review + Swatches!

When I saw this product on some American blogger's sites I knew as soon as it would hit the UK I'd need it, so I bought it straight away on launch day in Boots, which is conveniently placed opposite my counter so I did not have to venture far to get it! Plus I'm an absolute sucker for purple things, so this was a must!

Lollitint is a pink orchid tint for lips and cheeks, can be applied using fingers or brush, under or over foundation for a sweet tint. Pantone's colour of the year is Radiant Orchid, which Pantone describes as  "Radiant Orchid blooms with confidence and magical warmth that intrigues the eye and sparks the imagination." Which in my opinion describes this tint!


Price: £24.50.
Time Trialed: 2 weeks in store before hand, 1 week owning the product, three weeks in total.



 The applicator is the standard nail varnish type affair which is fantastic for this consistancy as you just dab on the right amount. For me, this is the most pigmented tint they have, with Benetint being a little too sheer and runny in consistancy, Posie tint being sheer for more olive and darker skins but has a thicker consistancy and cha cha tint being wonderful on olive tones with a thicker consistancy than benetint. This is great on all tones and looked fantastic on the girls on counter and worked with all their skintones.

The formula on this is great, which shocked me! It's super long lasting and even stayed on my skin during my visit to the gym.

Here are swatches on my lips, with just one application. The benebabes (and benedude!) recommended 2-3 coats but for me just the one is enough!
 On lips and cheeks.


I did pair this product with Hervana which is the perfect shade to compliment it, and it made the tone slightly ashier on my skin which I liked as this product can sometimes overpower my other makeup choices if it's applied too strongly! Another good product to link with this if you want a nice sheen is Rockateur. For lips, pair with Kiss You lipgloss!
Here it is paired with Hervana and Kiss you gloss. It's taken on my iphone this time so you can see what it's like with a lower quality image!

All in all, fab product. I can't wait to see if they'll make a matching box set with minatures in like they have with the other tints!


Breakdown: Out of 5
Value for money: ♥♥♥♥
Colour Choices: ♥♥♥
Does what it says on the tin: ♥♥♥♥♥
Staying Power on lips + cheeks: ♥♥♥♥♥
Packaging: ♥♥♥♥♥
Consistency and workability: ♥♥♥ (Just because if you haven't used a tint before, it is quite tricky!)
Would I repurchase? Yes! This is actually an amazing product with amazing colour payoff and amazing value!.
Overall: ♥ 5/5 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment