Thursday 20 March 2014

MAC A Fantasy Of Flowers Rose Lily Lipstick Review! Viva Glam Gaga Dupe!

One of my go to lipsticks is MAC's Viva Glam Gaga. It's the perfect shade of pink for me without washing me of colour and feels lovely. So when I saw Rose Lily at my MAC store I bought it straight away.
It's part of the two part collection " A Fantasy Of Flowers." Most of the collection has sold out online so check instore if you'd like to pick up any of these lovely flower inspires shades.


Price: £15
LIMITED EDITION SHADE.
Time Trialed: 1 week.

The shades in this collection are very pastel colours that compliment both the customer and the flowers!

This shade is a lustre lipstick meaning it's a colour with a light / medium opacity, so it's lovely to just complete your makeup look rather than a strong lip. So when buying MAC lipsticks always check what finish they are as it will determine how it will look with regards to colour strength!

I was originally told that Saint Germain was a good dupe for Gaga, but it was far from it as the finishes are different.

Comparison of Viva Glam Gaga, Rose Lily and Saint Germain.
MAC swatches of Viva Glam Gaga, Rose Lily and Saint Germain. 

The colours are very similar, against the other lipsticks you can see that Rose Lily is a cool pink.
When applied the lipstick is very smooth, and colour can be built up!



Lip Swatch. 

I was presently surprised that this lipstick does last a good length of time on the lips. I wore it to a meal and it did last until I left the restaurant. It's smooth and non drying. 

Overall very happy I have found this and I have one, as it is a lovely shade especially as it is now spring and I need new alternatives to my usual red and purple lipsticks.

Breakdown out of 5:
Value for money: ♥♥♥♥
Does what it says on the tin: ♥♥♥♥
Staying Power on skin: ♥♥♥♥♥
Packaging: ♥♥♥
Consistency and workability: ♥♥♥♥

Would I repurchase? As it is a limited edition colour, I would be unable to repurchase, so I cannot, but if I could then I would!
Overall: ♥ 4/5 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment